Thursday, February 12, 2009

No More Quickies

Ranchu is patience.
~ Geert Coppens, my good friend & one of my TVR mentors

The erratic weather these few days triggered my TVR breeders into a biological overdrive - the females kept laying small amount of eggs almost every dawn. Some females would lay eggs at interval of every 3 days! I reckon that the eggs are not fully matured as the fertility rate is very low.

The sexes are separated for the time being. I will learn to be patient to give more time for the eggs to mature further before attempting to collect a bigger spawn. In the meantime, I can catch slightly more sleep before doing my daily chore of caring for the earlier batches of fries.

Pictures:
1) Translucent newly spawned eggs
2) Opaque unfertilized eggs after 10 hours

* the spawning media is the Japanese brush -
tawashi (たわし)

0 comments:

Breeding the TVR

Breeding the TVR
Breeding and maintaining a bloodline of the Japanese TVR since 2003.

Goldfish Artwork

Goldfish Artwork
Marriage of 2 of my passions - Goldfish and Art.

Creating a New Variety

Creating a New Variety
My dream of creating a new variety of goldfish in 2006 has proven to be more than just an impulsive fantasy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP