Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Othello Dragon Eye Pearlscales 『オテロ』 出目パール!

不管黑猫白猫,能抓耗子就是好猫。
~邓小平

Black cat, white cat - the one that catches mice is a good cat.
~ Deng Xiaoping


Othello 黑白配
Last weekend, I was elated to discover a few jet black Dragon Eye Pearlscales amongst the batch of majority grayish-green fries. Finally, after 4 years, I got the black colour that I wished for in my Dragon Eye Pearlscales! Black fishes process a mystic charisma that never fails to captivate me.

This particular sub-line of black Dragon Eye Pearlscales is derived from a stable bloodline of Chinese Short Tail Dragon Eyes, a strain that has very stable black and capable of achieving a good size. I hope that there are both sexes in the few precious specimens and their black colour would not fade to orange eventually. If I am lucky, I should have more black fishes in the next breeding season.

Pearl-fection ~ my favourite Crown
Pearlscale bred in 2003

03 年繁殖的黑皇冠珍珠


Breeding livestock is like juggling - if we become too focus on one feature, we may risk losing another feature. Luck also plays a part because there is always a limited number of combination that the breeder can attempt.

0 comments:

Breeding the TVR

Breeding the TVR
Breeding and maintaining a bloodline of the Japanese TVR since 2003.

Goldfish Artwork

Goldfish Artwork
Marriage of 2 of my passions - Goldfish and Art.

Creating a New Variety

Creating a New Variety
My dream of creating a new variety of goldfish in 2006 has proven to be more than just an impulsive fantasy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP