Sunday, February 14, 2010

Five Fortunes at Your Door ~ 五福臨門

Prosperity Makes Friends; Adversity Tries Them.
~Publilius Syrus

The Chinese Lunar New Year coincides with Valentine's Day this year. Most Chinese all over the world will be celebrating the reunion dinner tonight. I had  mine too and my guests were awed with 5 big georgous Side View Ranchus that I imported recently.


Competition grade Side View Ranchus


"五福臨門" (5 Fortunes at your door steps) is one of the popular Chinese auspicious wishes for the Chinese Lunar New Year. These premier Ranchus are bred in the Chinese province of Fuzhou (福州), world famous for the Chinese Side View Ranchus. The Ranchus from Fuzhou are commonly referred as 福壽 (Fushou) which means Prosperity and Longevity.



Batch A at 31 days old after hatching


There wouldn't be any fresh supply of daphnia until the 4th day of the Chinese New Year. This allows me to taking a breather from my early morning chore of buying daphnia for the next few days. Though this year, I  am experimenting with controlled feeding and had fed relatively lesser than previous years, strangely the BBR seems to grow as fast. Maybe the Wolffia is doing wonders.

I would like to wish all my Chinese readers a very Happy and Prosperous Lunar New Year and everyone Happy Valentine's Day!

6 comments:

Unknown February 14, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Happy Chinese New Year Wee!

May you have truly prosperous year ahead in every thing you do.

Your TVR babies look great and they grew so fast.

Wee Yap 愚痴 February 16, 2010 at 7:52 PM  

Thank you friend for your kind wishes! Happy and Prosperous New Year to you too!

Foo Chuan Luei Luis February 24, 2010 at 7:58 PM  

Many thanks for sharing your Gold Fish blog with me!! You really kept alot varieties of gold fish!! I'm sure you able to produce on your own calico TVR bloodline....in near future!!

gumyu fever March 20, 2010 at 10:47 PM  

Great Fuzhou ranchus! How big are they now?

gumyu fever March 20, 2010 at 10:49 PM  

I always love Fuzhou ranchus. Seeing this 5 you have makes my heart pump!

Wee Yap 愚痴 March 20, 2010 at 11:05 PM  

Hi gumyu fever, glad you like them. They are about 17cm to 19cm. You can view some of them in http://www.flickr.com/photos/justfish88

Breeding the TVR

Breeding the TVR
Breeding and maintaining a bloodline of the Japanese TVR since 2003.

Goldfish Artwork

Goldfish Artwork
Marriage of 2 of my passions - Goldfish and Art.

Creating a New Variety

Creating a New Variety
My dream of creating a new variety of goldfish in 2006 has proven to be more than just an impulsive fantasy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP