Thursday, April 1, 2010

Cherish What We Have ~ 知足常樂

兒是為了滿足我不斷提高技術的望。

I have this desire to keep improving, so I find fault.

~ Heston Blumenthal

I often ponder if I am in the wrong part of the world to fall in love with goldfish breeding. I love the outdoors and nature, yet I live in a land of concrete jungles with  a very fast pace of life and limited space.


Batch A - 78 days after hatching

The TVR hobby taught me many things about life - Life is never perfect, just as there is no perfect Ranchu. The Japanese Ranchu Masters preach about "learning to see more of the beauty of a Ranchu than its flaws", so I should learn to appreciate what I have - health,  happy family, good friends and the time with my fishes. 

As I lament that breeding goldfish is much more difficult and expensive in tropical Singapore, I really have to feel very fortunate to be a Singaporean - without peace and prosperity for my country, I would be more worried about life's other basic needs than to fret over my Ranchus. After all, I am VERY proud to be a Singaporean, Singaporeans are passionate about striving to be World Class in all our endeavours.


Batch B 73 days after hatching

So I am on cloud nine, cherishing the brief early morning respite from the maddening crowds, amongst the chirping birds and the buzzing cicadas, I enjoy the company of my Ranchus :)

1 comments:

Unknown April 1, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

A simple yet often overlooked philosophy of life...the art of contentment =)

Breeding the TVR

Breeding the TVR
Breeding and maintaining a bloodline of the Japanese TVR since 2003.

Goldfish Artwork

Goldfish Artwork
Marriage of 2 of my passions - Goldfish and Art.

Creating a New Variety

Creating a New Variety
My dream of creating a new variety of goldfish in 2006 has proven to be more than just an impulsive fantasy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP