Wednesday, April 21, 2010

A Butterfly Dream ~ 莊周夢蝶


惠子曰:「子非魚,安知魚之樂?」
莊子曰:「子非我,安知我不知魚之樂?」

莊子: "知魚之樂"

Huizi : "You're not a fish — how do you know the fish is happy?"

Zhuangzi : "You're not me, so how do you know I don't know that the fish is happy?"

~ Excerpt "Happiness of a fish" by
the ancient Chinese Philosopher Zhuangzi


 
Inspiration from the show "How to train your dragon"

Stealing some free time in the Pearlscale breeding season to tease my shiny scale Dragon Eyes Butterfly. Isn't it a very happy fish? :)

For the next few weeks, I am bracing myself to cull two large spawns of Dragon Eyes Pearlscales (45k to 50k). The challenge then is to grow such a big brood healthily and big enough for culling.

3 comments:

Unknown April 22, 2010 at 4:04 AM  

That's a great fish... To be honest I love Butterfly rather than TVR (Top View Ranchu).

I would love to see your creations on this breed....

I heard in Japan Butterfly are very popular.

Wee Yap 愚痴 April 22, 2010 at 11:27 AM  

Hi friend, I would love to but I can't just breed any goldfish I want. I like too many varieties and if I breed them all, my hobby will kill me first :)

Yes! the Dragon Eyes Butterfly is picking up in Japan too.

soh-hi April 23, 2010 at 7:43 PM  

I hope to view your harvest in due time :)

Jason Kew

Breeding the TVR

Breeding the TVR
Breeding and maintaining a bloodline of the Japanese TVR since 2003.

Goldfish Artwork

Goldfish Artwork
Marriage of 2 of my passions - Goldfish and Art.

Creating a New Variety

Creating a New Variety
My dream of creating a new variety of goldfish in 2006 has proven to be more than just an impulsive fantasy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP