Tuesday, January 27, 2009

A Dreamer's Life

If you want your dreams to come true, don't sleep.
~A Yiddish Proverb

Goldfish usually spawn in the early hours of dawn, sometimes as early as 5 a.m. More than one female fish may collaborate to spawn in the same morning. This is one of the important reasons why a breeding plan must be prepared beforehand, otherwise, with half of me still in slumber-land, I will sure to panic and not know which fish to "squeeze" (hand-spawn).

My busy work schedule in the beginning of every year always coincide with the TVR breeding season. It is both mentally and physically taxing especially that I have to work late nights and wake up so early to check the spawnings. However, I always feel very happy and excited in the TVR breeding season. Few people could understand why I would sacrifice 2 hours of good sleep everyday for weeks and months just to squeeze some fishes. Now you know why I am always sleepy :)


Picture: Conditioning the breeders for the big day

0 comments:

Breeding the TVR

Breeding the TVR
Breeding and maintaining a bloodline of the Japanese TVR since 2003.

Goldfish Artwork

Goldfish Artwork
Marriage of 2 of my passions - Goldfish and Art.

Creating a New Variety

Creating a New Variety
My dream of creating a new variety of goldfish in 2006 has proven to be more than just an impulsive fantasy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP