Saturday, August 24, 2013

Dumb Ways To Die ~ 笨死法

Happiness is nothing more than good health
and a bad memory.


~ Albert Schweitzer (1875 - 1965)




The other day my son shared with me the video of "Dumb Ways To Die" and I had the instant inspiration to write my next blog post. Through the years keeping goldfish, I have collated a list of silly "fatal errors" by hobbyists that caused the lives of their beloved goldfish. Frankly, I was also a proud contributor of some of these "mis-happenings" :-P

~ forgot anti-chlorine

~ forgot air tube

~ forgot power shutdown schedule


~ water overflow overnight

~ pump sucks water dry

~ faulty heater cooked fish

~ capillary action drained out water

~ watching TV while doing 2% salt dip

~ never quarantine

~ mixed new fishes to current collection directly

~ un-sterilized livefeeds

~ expired food

~ overstocking

~ overfeeding

~ netting the fishes after their full meal

~ adding in different medications, hoping one will work

~ adding salt into tank with zeolite filter media

~ overstretched water change schedule

~ overdosed medication

~ overdosed salt

~ never buffer water

~ incompatible tankmates e.g. pleco prefers slime coat to algae




As I drafted this post, someone dear to me also got the inspiration to compile the dumb ways with which I could have died one day:

~ Sleeping 4 to 5 hours per day during spawning season

~ Rushing almost everyday between hobby and job

~ Culling fishes into the wee hours of the night

~ Skipping lunch to check out the fishes at home

~ Water change in the outdoors under direct afternoon sun or thunderstorm

~ Prolong exposure to chemicals doing quarantine



LoL...
can't help it :-P 


I am currently tending to two spawns of Pearlscales since last month and 1 spawn of Ranchu on 9th August, Singapore's National Day.


What's the problem with a dumb but happy life?  ;-)

1 comments:

Unknown September 26, 2013 at 4:20 AM  

I really admire your passion for goldfish!
You truly are an inspiration to a lot of goldfish keeper's and to the hobby.

I always look forward in seeing your next spawns.

Keep it up!


Breeding the TVR

Breeding the TVR
Breeding and maintaining a bloodline of the Japanese TVR since 2003.

Goldfish Artwork

Goldfish Artwork
Marriage of 2 of my passions - Goldfish and Art.

Creating a New Variety

Creating a New Variety
My dream of creating a new variety of goldfish in 2006 has proven to be more than just an impulsive fantasy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP