Friday, February 11, 2011

Paradigm Shift ~ 範式轉移


If You Think You Can, You Can.
If You Think You Can't, You're Right.
~ Mary Kay Ash




New breed developed in Singapore
~ Top View Short Tail Dragon Eyes Pearlscale
Day-old fries hatched today
Embarking on the serious game of ornamental fish breeding is no child's play no matter if we are breeding Guppies, Bettas, Discus or Goldfish. As such, to breed quality ornamental fishes earnestly would require both very strong passion and focused goal.

Being cold water fishes, inevitably, it is much more difficult to condition and time the spawning of Goldfish in our warm waters; it is also an all-new paradigm shift for the breeder -  because the natural spawning behaviours are altered and traditional spawning methods used in the four-seasonal countries have little or no relevance in our tropical context. The local breeders here have to adapt and develop techniques to spawn and groom their fishes, think out-of-the-box and possess the courage to try out new things. 

If Guppies are bred so successfully by hobbyists in the US, Taiwan, Germany and Japan, why can't we do likewise for the TVR? IMHO it is just the question of our determination to make it happen. I hope the day would come that our local breeders could produce the TVR comparable to the quality of the best specimens from Japan.

When I became very devoted to breeding Goldfish nearly 10 years ago, everybody doubted that my fantasy will last long and thought I was mad. Today, most people have no doubt that I am serious about breeding the Goldfish and they still think I am mad... all fanatics need the madness to drive us to the limits don't we? ;)

BTW, my TVR breeding season for 2011 has begun today with the healthy hatching of the first spawn of about 3000 fries. Its time to get busy and my hands dirty again...


2 comments:

Xema February 13, 2011 at 8:44 PM  

Really nice reflexion.
I am a serious ranchu breeder in Spain, and In can get nice guppies, bettas and every fish, but I can not get a good quality TVR. While that moment comes to me, I play with chinese lionchu, that all I can get here.

Wee Yap 愚痴 February 14, 2011 at 12:54 AM  

Very glad to know a serious Goldfish breeder in Spain!!!

Breeding the TVR

Breeding the TVR
Breeding and maintaining a bloodline of the Japanese TVR since 2003.

Goldfish Artwork

Goldfish Artwork
Marriage of 2 of my passions - Goldfish and Art.

Creating a New Variety

Creating a New Variety
My dream of creating a new variety of goldfish in 2006 has proven to be more than just an impulsive fantasy.

  © Blogger template 'External' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP